Receptionist - 12 month mat cover (AGER)
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Receptionist with a creative flair and passion for service innovation, to join our Rapport team at our prestigious client's offices, based in the heart of Edinburgh. It is a truly fantastic location in Edinburgh with the most spectacular views. Working in an empowering team to enable to best possible experience for our clients. You will be working in a small team of 2.
This role is a maternity cover role for 12 months. You will be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- To provide excellent service to clients and customers, ensuring all duties are carried out to the highest of standards
- Stand to greet all guests / visitors, ensure eye contact is made within 10 ft of the reception desk
- Set up meeting rooms according to the client's requirements, setting up refreshments and lunches, and offering AV support for meetings
- Greet internal and external clients with a smile.
- Welcome and escort guests to meeting rooms, taking coats and luggage as required.
- Proactively deal with enquiries and requests in person, via the telephone or email, in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain the necessary awareness of building facilities to advise and direct guests appropriately.
- Assist with separate registration desks for functions as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is able to create a positive and lasting relationships with all customers and clients.
- Able to act on customer requests and anticipate their needs.
- Can take every opportunity to improve my customers’ and clients’ experience.
About the Company
Our people come first, and we are committed to developing you and offering a number of fantastic professional and personal development opportunities. We have a suite of over 50 training workshops and a number of Leadership programmes to support you with your development and career progression within Rapport.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and inclusion within the workplace and we celebrate everyone’s differences and diverse backgrounds. We have created a number of Employee Networks as part of our “Be Yourself at Rapport” programme, to create a safe space for our Ambassadors to connect and collaborate, ensuring we champion diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Our Ambassador’s mental and physical wellbeing is very important to us, and we continue to have a real focus on providing the varied support and initiatives for our teams to get involved in.
Rapport is also a Disability Confident Employer and we have a number of partnerships with external organisations providing job opportunities within the company for people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Some of the benefits you will have access to:
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Access to our Perks at Work Benefits Portal for various discounts
- WOW Awards to celebrate our brilliant Ambassadors nominated for their exceptional service by our guests and clients
- One Paid Day for Charity Work
About the Company
Rapport is an award winning, specialist company that provides corporate organisations with a range of fully managed front and back of house guest services. Our tailored services are provided to clients in all major cities in the UK and Ireland and in key locations in the US and Hong Kong.
We are very proud to count some of the UK’s most forward-thinking, blue chip companies as our clients, from small boutique firms to large multi-site International corporations, all with a common goal to provide excellent Customer Service.
Our most prestigious awards include:
- In the 2021 ‘Best Companies to work for’ awards, Rapport was recognised as being the Best Company to Work for in the U.K. Business Services Sector, Rapport was recognised as the second Best (Large) Company to Work for in the UK and third Best Company to Work for in London (all categories and company sizes).
- We were awarded three stars from ‘Best Companies’, their ultimate accolade, in 2021 signifying a ‘World Class’ company.
- Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality in 2021 winner.
- Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion at HR in Hospitality Awards 2019
Rapport is a part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, a FTSE 100 company. Please visit our website, www.rapportservice.com, for further information and before applying to learn more about Rapport and our clients
We will contact applicants within 5-7 workings days. Rapport job adverts always gain a high response rate, but we do review all applications. Please check your inbox and your junk/spam folder for our response to your application. Due to high application volumes, we recommend that you do not apply for more than one role at any time. Please ensure you apply for the role that best matches your experience.