Receptionist / Guest Services Ambassador (SFGSA)
We are looking for two Guest Services Ambassadors/Receptionists to join our 15-strong team at our amazing Rapport team based in the heart of the City of London.
The building your will be based at is amazing, with great views, it is a state of the art, funky and innovative workspace. There is a lot of engagement directly with the Client, you will be provided with training with both the Client company and Rapport, and there is a free snack station to keep your energy levels up!
The Team is very diverse, with different backgrounds from arts to legal, from all over the world. When we are busy there is the opportunity for us to work overtime, but only if wish.
This is a 40hr/wk role, Monday to Friday shifts between 7am and 7pm.
The main responsibilities for this role are to deliver impeccable customer service, assisting the employees, liaising with different sectors in the workplace and covering the reception area. You will be welcoming and engaging VIPs assisting with events.
- Support the Hospitality and Events team who operate on the designated floor, as well as providing cover for the other floors on the odd occasion staffing levels are unable to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform check-in/registration for our events and be the point person for entering Customers/Execs/External attendees, and teams, attending our events hosted by our client's non-profit partners.
- Greet our external customers/partner/execs with a warm and friendly smile and make them feel welcome and comfortable at all times.
- Perform related event support tasks to include but not limited to updating registration list, printed out agenda, name badges, and assisting with final agreements and use of our facilities
- Be able to answer and attend to inquiries of our client's non-profit guests visiting our facilities.
- Set-up meeting spaces and/or boardroom to be customer-ready
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who is friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The ideal candidate will be an individual with a passion for Customer Service, who is a pro-active, positive team player, who loves solving problems and is able to prioritise effectively. You need to have an excellent telephone manner, and be someone who is adaptable and open to constructive feedback
If you are bubbly and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including understanding for the use of confidentiality and diplomacy, and can demonstrate the ability to multi-task, then you may be the person we are looking for.
• Hospitality/Retail experience preferred but not essential.
• Strong Customer service background in a fast paced environment
• Intermediate-advanced IT skills (G-mail and Google docs preferred but not essential)
About the Company
Our people come first, and we are committed to developing you and offering a number of fantastic professional and personal development opportunities. We have a suite of over 50 training workshops and a number of Leadership programmes to support you with your development and career progression within Rapport.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and inclusion within the workplace and we celebrate everyone’s differences and diverse backgrounds. We have created a number of Employee Networks as part of our “Be Yourself at Rapport” programme, to create a safe space for our Ambassadors to connect and collaborate, ensuring we champion diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Our Ambassador’s mental and physical wellbeing is very important to us, and we continue to have a real focus on providing the varied support and initiatives for our teams to get involved in.
Rapport is also a Disability Confident Employer and we have a number of partnerships with external organisations providing job opportunities within the company for people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Some of the benefits you will have access to:
- Refer a friend Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Access to our Perks at Work Benefits Portal for various discounts
- WOW Awards to celebrate our brilliant Ambassadors nominated for their exceptional service by our guests and clients
- One Paid Day for Charity Work
About the Company
Rapport is an award winning, specialist company that provides corporate organisations with a range of fully managed front and back of house guest services. Our tailored services are provided to clients in all major cities in the UK and Ireland and in key locations in the US and Hong Kong.
We are very proud to count some of the UK’s most forward-thinking, blue chip companies as our clients, from small boutique firms to large multi-site International corporations, all with a common goal to provide excellent Customer Service.
Our most prestigious awards include:
- In the 2021 ‘Best Companies to work for’ awards, Rapport was recognised as being the Best Company to Work for in the U.K. Business Services Sector, Rapport was recognised as the second Best (Large) Company to Work for in the UK and third Best Company to Work for in London (all categories and company sizes).
- We were awarded three stars from ‘Best Companies’, their ultimate accolade, in 2021 signifying a ‘World Class’ company.
- Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality in 2021 winner.
- Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion at HR in Hospitality Awards 2019
Rapport is a part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, a FTSE 100 company. Please visit our website, www.rapportservice.com, for further information and before applying to learn more about Rapport and our clients
We will contact applicants within 5-7 workings days. Rapport job adverts always gain a high response rate, but we do review all applications. Please check your inbox and your junk/spam folder for our response to your application. Due to high application volumes, we recommend that you do not apply for more than one role at any time. Please ensure you apply for the role that best matches your experience.